Monday, March 26, 2007

The Quiz III: Theme Songs

1) We're Animaniacs,
We have pay or play contracts.
We're zany to the max, there's baloney in our slacks.
We're Animani-
Totally insane-y
Where's Lon Chaney.
Animaniacs.
Those are the facts.

2) They're Pinky and the Brain,
Yes, Pinky and the Brain.
Their Twilight campaign,
Is easy to explain.
To prove their mousey worth,
They'll overthrow the Earth,
Their dinky,
Their Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain.

3) Check out Dexter Douglas,
Nerd computer ace.
Went surfing on the Internet,
And was zapped in cyberspace.
He turned into the Freakazoid,
Who's strong and super-quick.
He drives the villains crazy,
'Cause he's a lunatic.

4) Transformers, more than meets the eye,
Transformers, robots in disguise,
Autobots wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.

5) Life is like a hurricane,
Here in Duckburg.
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes,
It's a duck blur.
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!

6) Butterfly in the sky,
I can fly twice as high,
Take a look, it's in a book,
Reading Rainbow.
I can go anywhere.
Friends to know and ways to grow,
Reading Rainbow.
I can be anything.
Take a look, it's in a book,
Reading Rainbow.

7) She'll go from Nashville to Norway, Bonaire to Zimbabwe,
Chicago to Czechoslovakia and back!

Well she'll ransack Pakistan and run a scam in Scandinavia,
Then she'll stick 'em up Down Under and go pick-pocket Perth,
She put the Miss in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima,
Tell me where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

8) Friends are there,
To help you get started, to give you a push on your way.
Friends are there,
To turn you around, to get your feet on the ground for a brand new day.
...
Friends are there when you need them,
They're even there when you don't.
For a walk in the park, or a shot in the dark,
Friends are there and I don't care,
But friends are there for you.

9) Hunt, hunt, hunt, he's the Huntsman.
He'll whip the pants off the bad guys.
If there's an emergency, sound the Horn of Urgency,
And summon the Huntsman.
"Into action" is his cry!
Hunt.

10) We are the Buddy Bears, we always get along,
We do a little dance and we sing a little song,
If you disagree that means that you are wrong,
We are the Buddy Bears, we always get along.

Bonus) Nine, nine, nine,
Fantastic number nine,
It's perfectly consistent,
It works out every time.
Nine, nine, nine,
That crazy number nine,
times any number you can find,
It all comes back to nine.

Scoring: 1 point for each correct line.
<1: You Phail at life.
1-9: You lose! Good day, sir!
10-17: The answers, my friend, are blowing in the wind between your ears.
18-27: Obi-Wan has taught you well.
28-36: Yub nub!
>=37: You cheat! Cheater!

References: 1) Animaniacs. 2) Pinky and the Brain. 3) Freakazoid. 4) Transformers. 5) Duck Tales. 6) Reading Rainbow. 7) Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. 8) Garfield and Friends. 9) Freakazoid. 10) Garfield and Friends. Bonus) Square One TV.

10 comments:

  1. Don't look unless you want to cheat.

    Sometimes my memory scares even me. For instance, not only did I remember the lyrics from that, I also remembered that it was from the album "Live at Tilley's".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 26. I'm simultaneously amazed at the lyrics I do remember and annoyed at the ones I can't. I could never understand the lyrics to the Carmen Sandiego song. Tom has the CD. I got ALL the lines for the Transformers song. I could remember the lyrics to the Nine song without remembering what the song sounded like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I should get points for remembering the tunes to all of those. My brain just doesn't remember lyrics. It remembers sounds that sounded like the lyrics to a 5 year old kind of like that cell phone ad with the "rock the cat-box" lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I really let you watch that much TV?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrr! 17. I agree w/Dave -- the song lyrics I can't remember are going to annoy me the rest of the day.
    Do I get bonus points for remembering ALL the verses of Pinky & the Brain though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say you get bonus points if you can remember all the verses of any of these songs. I can't believe how well I know the Buddy Bears song, considering how obscure it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I scored 19, but that number would likely go down if I got less sleep.

    Some of the songs I would have never gotten. I never played Carmen Sandiego (I know, deprived child), and I almost never watched Reading Rainbow (preferred to spend my TV time on Voltron, I guess). I could never figure out the Garfield song when I was a kid so I'd never get those two right.

    I'm shocked that you didn't have anything from Speed Racer or TMNT! You also left out the Hanna Barbara cartoons such as Top Cat, Al Kabong. All of these are left out, but you included an obscure cartoon like "Freakazoid"? I suppose it is a family favorite and all ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. In order for a song to get in this quiz, it had to be one whose lyrics I had memorized, or at least knew well. Often, I'll only remember partial lyrics of a song, so in certain songs, the lines I removed corresponded to the lines I remembered (e.g. "Ransack Pakistan/Put the Miss in misdemeanor" from Carmen Sandiego). I don't know all the lyrics to Carmen Sandiego or Garfield and friends so I only chose verses with lyrics I did know.

    So concerning what shows I did not include, it's usually because a) I didn't watch the show, or b) I didn't remember the lyrics. Case a) is such with Speed Racer (never watched it) and the Hanna Barbara cartoons (didn't like most of them). Case b) is such with TMNT. I considered having that theme in the quiz, but since the only part I could remember was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(x3)/Heroes in a half-shell/Turtle power", which was a bit too easy for the quiz, it didn't make it in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh.... I fail at life.

    I only can remember some of the reading rainbow song.

    Most of my TV time was Saturday/Sunday mornings, and the weekdays in the summer when my mom worked.

    If I had control of the TV it was spent with The Legend of Zelda. I can still probably beat that game.

    ~the blue fox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom B., didn't you know that all homeschoolers do is watch TV all day? :)

    Also, I'm beginning to notice that in order to do well at any of these F.U. News quizzes, you need to be a member of the B. family, preferably born between the years 1977 and 1981.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Current Earth-Destruction Status This page is Class A WWW Depricated

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
All material on these pages is ©2003-2010 by Joe Belland, Dave Belland, Tom Adams, Cari Burud and/or Paul Harold except for the stuff that we blatantly stole from other sources. All rights reserved.