Double Feature!
Ok, I apologize for letting a little baby thing go in the way of doing what I really should be doing: Posting videos on the internet. So this week I present to you the double duece!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All material on these pages is ©2003-2010 by Joe Belland, Dave Belland, Tom Adams, Cari Burud and/or Paul Harold except for the stuff that we blatantly stole from other sources. All rights reserved.
Thanks for posting the Wife Search video, Tom! It's my favorite. It's too bad the video and audio quality can't be better. I can't understand some of the comments.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you post a copy of the application, too? I'd love to see the questions.
BTW, did Ileana ever fill out an application?
No originals of the application exist (I think). I could try to rememebr some of the stuff I guess.
ReplyDeleteNo, Ileana didn't fill out an application. She was recommended by a temp agency.
Hey, I never gave my behind-the-scenes, actors/directors/filmmaker's commentary.
ReplyDeleteToo Sexy:
The first part of this film was shot at the very end of our freshman year. That particular day, dinner was at the JC Williams Center, because the caf was closed for some event. Tom and I set up a table downstairs with candy and the applications to be his wife. Oddly, there weren't many takers at first. Eventually, Tom opened it up to guys as well, and once the girls saw that it was, in fact, a joke, they started filling out applications too.
After we finished filming, we went straight back to Tom's room to grade the applications. We did actually have a scoring system and all applications were graded. There were certain answers that would give you extra points or that would make you lose points. For instance "No" to the question "Are you female?" was an automatic -50 points.
The ending of the video was sort of thrown together. After completing the first part, Tom and I had no idea of how we were going to end it, so we shelved it and didn't finish before the end of the semester. The last bit of the video was filmed the following semester, after Tom came back from Marine boot camp. Tina, the girl we chose for the ending of the film, was a freshman that semester and did not actually fill out an application. The last scene was actually filmed in Tom and my room in Marian Hall (a guys dorm at the time) in the early afternoon. It was not open hours and was a gross violation of inter-visitation rules, since she was not allowed in our room. Good thing no RAs were around.
My part in this film, aside from helping Tom make the application and grade it, was as camera man.
I don't remember where exactly the idea came from.