Skymall.
This is from my flight to England earlier this month. I swiped one of those Skymall catalogs because some of the items interested me. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe a disgruntled employee who was getting fired set the layout for the magazine. Maybe it was a soon-to-be-ex-employee who had been hitting the booze a little too hard. Anyways, following are several images I scanned in and I swear are not altered in any way.












Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All material on these pages is ©2003-2010 by Joe Belland, Dave Belland, Tom Adams, Cari Burud and/or Paul Harold except for the stuff that we blatantly stole from other sources. All rights reserved.




Wow! That Skymall employee must have been really drunk and REALLY REALLY angry. It must have been the same dude who was fired from Disney after that fiasco with the background image on the cover of "The Little Mermaid".
ReplyDeleteJoe, those were hilarious! I laughed out loud and nearly shot milk out of my nose. Now my keyboard is dirty! Thanks a lot!
..., maybe I could buy one of those executive mousepads.
ROTFL! I haven't laughed so hard in a while! I loved the kitty stroller one the best, but they were all excellent tributes to your unbeatable sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteDitto, but make that your slightly warped unbeatable sense of humor!
ReplyDeleteSWOTL! That totally made me... what? You don't know what SWOTL stands for? You must be dumb. Its like ROTFL but only if your a WWII German aviator. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ROTFL MEANS!?! Am I the only idiot out here? I'm supposed to be computer saavy dang it! No really, what does it mean?
ReplyDeleteROTFLMAO I actually know what SWOTL means!
ReplyDeleteOk...so I don't know if Tom is kidding or not, but I will take pity on him and explain. I have to give credit where credit is due: ROTFL made its debut (as my memory serves) waaaay back in the day when I used ICQ as a 12 or 13-year-old, BUT I never knew what it meant (though I used it like a pro). I recently learned from my two teenage, IM-crazy sisters that ROTFL means Rolling On The Floor Laughing. Dave's slightly more common edition, including the trailing MAO, means Rolling On The Floor Laught My A** Off. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteOh, BTW (By The Way), WHAT does SWOTL mean??????????? Maybe you can return the favor, Tom. Thanks!
Oh. SWOTL. OF course...how could I not know? Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe...erm...
ReplyDeleteActually, the T is superfluous. I usually see it expressed simply as ROFL.
ReplyDeleteFor those innocent-minded of you, there is the slightly less vulgar LMBO, instead of LMAO.
There's also my personal favorite: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Tom oughtta get that one. Actually, Tom you ever pull something like that while operating a radio? "Lvl 4 Marine Lima Foxtrot Golf. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you doing? Over. Lima Oscar Lima, you totally pwned those n00b insurgents. Romeo Oscar Foxtrot Lima Mike Alpha Oscar, those insurgents suXX0rz."
You're right Mom. I do have a twisted sense of humor. I'm not sure what happened. This post started out innocently enough, then sort of degenerated into some cynical parody of the Newport Beach lifestyle.
Oh, and I suppose I ought to give credit where credit is due. This post is inspired by the sick freaks at SomethingAwful.com. WARNING: SomethingAwful is not suitable for children or adults. It is November Sierra Foxtrot Whiskey (NSFW). Do not ever visit SomethingAwful ever! It is horribly offensive.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, that Comedy Goldmine is hilarious.
Indigo Tango Harem Indigo Nottingham Kinkos Tango Harem Aligator Tango Jolie Opera England Salamander Harem Opera Underwear Lollipop Dune Passion England Nottingham Aligator Nottingham England Nottingham Tango Indigo Resurrection England Aligator Resurrection Tango Indigo Clique Lollipop England Indigo Nottingham Clique Opera Dune England Walrus Opera Resurrection Dune Scintillating Walrus Indigo Tango Horsepoop Opera Underwear Tango Underwear Scintillating Indigo Nottingham Gavel Aligator Nottingham Yak Clique Horsepoop England Aligator Tango Tango Opera Opera Lollipop Scintillating Scintillating Underwear Clique Horsepoop Aligator Scintillating Walrus Opera Resurrection Dune Scintillating Resurrection England Passion Lollipop Aligator Clique England Aligator Lollipop Lollipop Frankenstein England Aligator Tango Underwear Resurrection England Stop Over and Out
ReplyDeleteoops i messed up
ReplyDeletebut you get the point
the challenge is on joe
"Horsepoop"? "Underwear"? "Scintillating"? Are those the real code words? Curious minds want to know.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I remember once a long time ago seeing a list of mock code words where all the words started with a sound that was different from the initial letter: for example, the word for P was something like psychology or pneumonia, and... well, of course I can't think of any other examples without a dictionary in front of me. But do you still have that list, Mom or Dad?
I'll have to look for it.
ReplyDeleteUm...I completely made those words up. I was making fun.
ReplyDeleteCue Are Rye Isle,
ReplyDeleteTsunami Heir Are Tsunami' See Are No Ewe Xylophone Cue Ewe L L Ewe No Tsunami Isle Djin Ewe Are. Isle' L L Gnu Ewe Tsunami Rye Isle Gnu Heir Tsunami One No Isle Tsunami.
Jeans Ewe No, Cue Heir Ewe Cue Know One Urn Tsunami urn see ewe rye see.cue see.djin are L.cue are/~jeans are mnemonic isle ewe/wry one rye djin see/are L pterodactyl heir are bdellium ewe tsunami.heir tsunami mnemonic L
Oy vey, my head hurts now.
Oh, and L is pronounced "fifty", in case you hadn't figured it out.
You could really confuse some one on the phone or radio with that phonetic alphabet.
ReplyDelete"A as in R
B as in Dellium
C as in Q
D as in Gyn
E as in U
F as in Phase
G as in New
H as in Air
I as in Aisle
J as in Genes
K as in No
L as in Fifty
M as in Nemonic
N as in Know
O as in Won
P as in Terodactyl
Q as in Key
R as in Wry
S as in C
T as in Sunami
U as in Earn
V as in Five
W as in Rye
X as in Zylophone
Y as in U
Z as in Zee (Ok, I don't get that one).
To further obfiscate I, you could say "A as in Isle, I as in Aisle" or "I as in Eye, E as in I". The possibilities for making speech an impediment to communication are endless.
Adam Henrey is a commonly accepted LA cop term. But in the past ten years they have been pushing away from phrases like that to just use the terms "knuckleheads" and "crazies". In reference to street gang members. This all came about when some gang member sued for punitive damages because stronger swear words were used againsst him and he was emotionally suffering.
ReplyDeleteWhere calling someone "a crazy" to their face is very difficult to sue over, since most judges would laugh it right out of court. However, it has somewhat turned around and newer street gangs will have names like "Costa Mesa Crazies" and then tag CMC on the edges of thier "turf".
As for internet acronyms, yeah there are alot of them, and many have been modified to bizarre variations of original acroymns that were able to be figured out. For exapmle phrases like: "loller skates". Another example is the excessive use of exclaimation marks to the point where people give up pressing shift then just randomly write the word "one" as seen here: "th0s3 r0x0r5 are teh nu #1!!!!!!1111!one!!1"
~the blue fox strikes again !!!!11!