Monday, October 24, 2005

Comic strip of the Day/Week/Month

http://comics.com/comics/pearls/archive/pearls-20051023.html

Stephan Pastis has a knack for creating long, improbable, drawn-out set ups for really bad puns. Perhaps the greatest was the strip where Pig takes a girl golfing on a date. The girl shows pig a golf tee that she won in the Virginia Open. During the course of the date, the tee gets lost, and Pig and the girl spend hours looking for it, until it's too dark to see. Finally Pig takes the girl home to her angry father. "Sorry we're home so late," Pig explains, "but your daughter lost her Virginia Tee." In the last panel, Pig is walking away, bruised and beat up, and says to himself "you'd think he thought I took it."


Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I promise more content is coming soon. I've just been too busy with other things (like getting myself ranked 29 of 1400+ on [Bay] 32 Sluts DOD:S server; I think that clan has a website, but I'm too afraid to Google the server name).

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Current Earth-Destruction Status This page is Class A WWW Depricated

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
All material on these pages is ©2003-2010 by Joe Belland, Dave Belland, Tom Adams, Cari Burud and/or Paul Harold except for the stuff that we blatantly stole from other sources. All rights reserved.