A look at some of The Creative Murloc's costumes from the last year.
So the Murloc's cosplay year began in April, with Ye Olde Renaissance Faire. Not being pregnant this year, she wore the same (rented) costume that she wore two years previous. Let's compare her pre-and post-pregnancy:
She certainly fills out the dress a bit more. Not that I'm complaining, mind.
The bodice must be tighter the second time around.
As usual, she got her hair done.
Next up was Comic-Con (also known as "Everything-Nerdy-And-Some-Things-Not-Oh-And-A-Comic-Book-Or-Two-Con").
 |
| Beware of sinister Murlocs sneaking into cons. |
This year, we had to tag team, so were not there on the same days. Friday, she went to Comic-Con, but I fool her;
I no show up. Instead, she went with her delightfully cheerful, friendly, and charitable friend, Manny Gonzalez from Blizzard, who took these pictures. (Of Manny, it has been said, "I've only seen him upset once. It was like watching Santa Claus cry.")
She wore her Sith costume again this year, with a modification...
...a corset!
Now, I have no objections, mind, particularly if you consider my Google search history:
 |
| Don't judge me. |
"Sweetie? Can I buy a leather corset for my Sith costume? It's only $145."
 |
| Beware of corset-wearing, lightsaber-wielding Sith. |
This left me in the uncomfortable position of either seeing my wife in a corset or, y'know,
eating. (Off topic, I've lost nearly ten pounds on the poor man's diet. Ask me how!)
 |
| I'm strangely aroused and fearful for my life. |
 |
| Red-headed Leia and purple-eyed, brunette Sith-in-a-corset. Sounds like a set up for something.. |
 |
| Speaking of fantasies. |
 |
| Corset-Sith with Leeloo |
 |
| Corset-Sith! Coming soon to a toy store near you! I'll take a dozen! |
 |
| Dunno who this is. I mean the one on the right. I know who my wife is. Most of the time. At other times, she turns into a corset-wearing, lightsaber wielding dominatrix. |
 |
| High five! |
 |
| Obi-Wan never had to fight corset-wearing Sith. I wonder how he would have fared. |
 |
| Corset-Sith with Little Richard plushy from Looking For Group comics. |
 |
| Penny Arcade's Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins are not comfortable being around Corset-Sith. |
For BlizzCon (also known as "BlizzCon"). The Murloc re-wore her Blood Elf costume, last seen at 2007's BlizzCon.
 |
| Front: Blood Elf Mage. Back: Illidan. Not Pictured: Man eating five batteries. |
This costume got her on the front page of Yahoo News.
She re-did the staff. The guy who did it the first time didn't put a lot of effort into the lights, so they didn't shine very brightly. This year, she worked with Shawn Crosby, aka Obi-Shawn, aka H-Wing Shawn to improve the lighting system.
 |
| Lights! |
You remember Shawn? He got me into Comic-Con this year (he had a spare badge, and they had sold out before I got a pass). Mad-eye Moody Shawn?
Awesome guy. Good with props and, apparently,
cars.
 |
| Not cosplay related, but why did 10,000 gamer geeks travel collectively millions of miles? To play Bejeweled, of course! |
For the eve of the feast of All Hallows (or better known as "Halloween" amongst pagans), The Murloc dressed as the only type of red-shirt that doesn't get killed:
 |
| Focus! Focus! |
...the red-dress. More likely to be seduced by Kirk then randomly killed when beaming down to an unknown planet.
 |
| Complete with sixties-style beehive. |
 |
| Captain Babyface, First Officer Foureyes, and Yeoman Sexymama. |
Speaking of Halloween, this is what our condo looked like for the event.
 |
| Yes, we did buy a fog machine. |
Except, y'know, in focus.
 |
| Not pictured: eerie music and sound effects. |
It looked like it was on fire when you approached it from down the street.
We carved three pumpkins (well, one on Halloween, but we ran out of time, so The Murloc carved the other two on November 1st).
Not really a costume, but for the Blizzard company Christmas party, The Murloc dressed up once more.
 |
| She tried to wear this dress to the Blizzard party last year, but it didn't fit for two great big reasons. |
As in
previous years, she wanted to get her hair done like a movie starlet. This year's choice was Kate Beckinsale from Van Helsing.
 |
| Another corset! |
She also painted her nails silver.
 |
| Keeps the werewolves at bay. |
This blog needs to start putting "NSFW" tags on posts. WTF!
ReplyDeleteOh, hello Anonymous, if that is your real name. You must work in a very conservative environment.
ReplyDeleteNo, just a professional one.
ReplyDelete