One Step Closer to Minority Report.
For CBS’s Fall Lineup, Check Inside Your Refrigerator - New York Times
What's next? Commercials in the movie theater? TVs showing advertisements at the checkout line of the grocery store? Advertisements on clothing? Where will it all end?
I plan on boycotting any eggs with advertisements on them.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All material on these pages is ©2003-2010 by Joe Belland, Dave Belland, Tom Adams, Cari Burud and/or Paul Harold except for the stuff that we blatantly stole from other sources. All rights reserved.




I find the ads on milk cartons pretty annoying (mostly b/c they always come half-off from condensation). But I have to admit it was pretty cute, when the Incredibles were all over milk cartons, to have Miriam at dinner point & say, "Look, it's Mister Crebubble!"
ReplyDeleteI find that anyone who buys things with advertising on them is selling out to the man. (go Aldi!) Of course, you can't get the real deal Co-Co Pebbles or Froot Loops. I won't be buying any eggs with CBS logoes on them...
ReplyDeleteSince I ride public transportation each I see advertisements everywhere I go. One of the problems I've noticed with the plethora of ads is that I tend to miss some of the less flashy items such as "No eating and drinking," or "In case of emergency ...". I'm so used to ignoring advertisements that most everything else is also ignored.
ReplyDeleteOf course, this new wave of labeling provides a watershed moment for truth in advertising from TV studios. Consider the following pairings:
--On a package of good steaks: "Check out some good meat. Watch the hardbodies on CSI: Miami!"
--On a container of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter: "Because fake is better. Watch Big Brother on CBS!"
--On a bottle of Advil: "This show is even painful to make. Watch 'Fear Factor' on NBC!"
Just imagine the opportunities!